After a car accident, you may want to consider reaching out to a car accident lawyer for assistance. There are many things that could happen during this time and you are going to want to make sure you have everything sorted. Just, what can you actually recover from a car accident injury claim?
A trusted lawyer at David & Philpot P.L is going to be able to walk you through what to expect after you put your claim in our hands. Depending on your case, you may be able to expect financial compensation or more. Below is a list of what you can expect when going through a car accident injury claim.
Property Related Compensation
These damages are going to include any costs or expenses related to the property that was damaged. When an accident happens it is not always just your vehicle that can get hurt. Your personal belongings count as well. You can expect to see these most common types:
- Property Damage: This would be damage to your car, phone, computer, glasses, or anything else inside the car during the accident.
- Total Loss of Property: If your vehicle was destroyed and cannot be repaired then you may be entitled to the value of your vehicle immediately prior to the accident. This often comes in the form of financial compensation to allow you to get a car of equal value.
- Diminished Value of Property: This is what happens if your vehicle has been repaired but is now worth less money as a result of the accident.
Injury Related Damages
Injuries are common when it comes to car accidents. The person who negligently caused the injuries owes for the cost and expenses you are suffering with. A lawyer can help make sure that you are able to get what you need. The most common injury related damages are as follows:
- Medical Bills: The total amount of past and future medical bills caused by an accident can be recovered. Never send these bills to the other party as they can be used against you.
- Lost Income: It is possible that the amount of money you did lose due to the injury and will lose in the future can be damages you can recover. The amount of money you could have earned had you not been injured is past and future lost earning capacity.
- Physical Impairment: Compensation can be awarded if you have been physically impaired due to your injury. This allows people to get compensation to help with a recovery towards learning with a physical impairment.
If you or a loved one have been injured in a car accident don’t hesitate to reach out to David & Philpot P.L for a trusted car accident lawyer. Your well-being matters and we want to help you get the compensation you deserve after an accident.