Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Athens, GA
If you were recently hurt in a motorcycle accident, you should consult a motorcycle accident lawyer in Athens, GA. You may be entitled to receive compensation for the damages you suffered. A lawyer can help you file a timely lawsuit and protect your legal rights.
What You Should Know About Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle accidents occur every day and can result in serious injuries. Here are several interesting facts about motorcycle crashes:
- Motorcyclists who wear helmets are less likely to suffer fatal injuries. It is important for motorcyclists to put a helmet on before getting on a motorcycle. Doing so could save their life. If you get into a motorcycle accident, but have a helmet on, you have a higher chance of survival. A helmet can protect your head from severe brain injuries.
- Half of motorcycle crashes occur at intersections. Motorcyclists are more likely to get into collisions with other motorists at intersections. Intersections can be quite dangerous because buildings, parked vehicles and tree branches can reduce your vision. You might have trouble seeing vehicles that are approaching you.
- Motorcyclists are more susceptible to severe injuries. Motorcyclists do not have the protection of a vehicle, so they are more likely to suffer serious injuries during an accident. As a motorcycle accident lawyer in Athens, GA can confirm, common motorcycle injuries include traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, amputation and broken bones.
- Motorcycle accidents are usually caused by other drivers. A common misconception about motorcycle accidents is that they are usually caused by motorcyclists. The opposite is actually true. The majority of these accidents are due to another driver’s negligence. The driver might have been distracted or speeding when the accident occurred. If you can prove the accident was caused by another driver, you can sue for compensation.
- Motorcycle accidents do not just result in physical injuries. While motorcycle accidents can certainly lead to serious physical injuries, they are not the only types of injuries to look out for. These accidents can also result in psychological trauma. Motorcyclists may experience anxiety, depression or even post-traumatic stress disorder after an accident. They may need to see a mental health counselor.
If you suffered injuries in a motorcycle accident, you should schedule a consultation with a motorcycle accident lawyer in Athens, GA at Norris Injury Law promptly to talk about your legal options.