Roundup Lawyer Athens, GA
If you have suffered health problems linked to Roundup, it is important to contact a Roundup lawyer in Athens, GA promptly. You may be entitled to compensation. A lawyer can help you pursue a timely lawsuit and protect your rights.
Health Problems Associated with Roundup
Roundup is a glyphosate-based herbicide that was introduced to the market in 1976. It was one of the most commonly used weed killing products in the U.S. until researchers discovered the health problems it can cause. Here are the most common illnesses associated with Roundup:
- Non-Hodgkin lymphoma
- Fatty liver disease
- Kidney and liver damage
- Parkinson’s disease
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Structural changes to the skin
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Birth defects
- Brain cancer
- Heart disease
Filing a Roundup Lawsuit
If you believe that Roundup caused your cancer or other health problems, here are the next steps you should take.
- Obtain a clear diagnosis and treatment plan. To build a successful claim against Roundup, you have to provide medical records regarding your diagnosis and treatment plan. These records should include the type of disease you have, when you were diagnosed and what tests were conducted, your prognosis and the treatments you have had.
- Consider your Roundup use. You can only hold Roundup negligent for your illness if you were exposed to the chemical. For example, you may have used the product a few times a year to kill weeds in your yard.
- Consult a lawyer. Proving that Roundup caused your health condition is not easy. As such, it is important to have a skilled Roundup lawyer in Athens, GA on your side. He or she can help you gather evidence, identify key witnesses and handle all communication with the insurance company.
Preparing for a Meeting with a Lawyer
If you have decided to pursue a Roundup lawsuit, your next step is to schedule a consultation with a Roundup lawyer. During this meeting, expect to answer many questions about your case, such as:
- How much do your medical bills that resulted from your illness cost thus far?
- How much time have you missed from work?
- What’s your prognosis?
- Has your health condition affected your life?
If you have any documents pertaining to your case, such as medical records, do not forget to bring them with you to the meeting.
Schedule a consultation with a Roundup lawyer in Athens, GA today.