Injury Law, Y’all Georgia
Injury law, Y’all Georgia is critical in helping victims receive the necessary compensation following an injury—something that our attorneys are determined to make happen when you call Norris Injury Law. Personal injury law can cover a wide basis, ranging from dog bites, medical malpractice, wrongful death, defective products, and more. Unfortunately, one of the most common forms of personal injuries are car crashes.
What Situations Call for An Attorney?
As our billboard suggests, Georgia Injury law Y’all can be for everyone. More specifically, contacting an attorney makes sense in the following situations:
- You’re dealing with a severe injury due to another person’s negligence that’s affecting your quality of life.
- The other person and/or their insurance company is unwilling to negotiate or even communicate.
- The other party or their insurance company is claiming you’re at fault.
- Determining precisely who’s at fault presents several complications.
- You’re unsure how to gather the necessary evidence to prove your claim.
- You were offered a settlement, but you believe that the settlement is far too low.
An Attorney Can Help You Obtain a Better Settlement
Following a personal injury, two main types of compensation are available: economic and non-economic damages. Economic damages refer to compensation for factors that carry specific monetary value. For example, medical expenses, lost wages, out-of-pocket expenses, travel expenses (like traveling to doctor appointments), legal fees, and more. Non-economic damages, however, are harder to determine. Some examples are:
- Pain and suffering
- Temporary or permanent disfigurements
- Emotional distress—including the development of certain disorders like PTSD
- Blow to one’s reputation
- Reduced usage of sexual functions
- Inability to properly maintain relationships
Of course, non-economic damages are harder to calculate as they don’t carry an exact dollar amount. Insurance companies typically won’t include a settlement that accounts for non-economic damages unless there’s an attorney applying legal pressure.
Choose an Attorney That Will Fight For You
At Norris Injury Law, our attorneys are commitment to helping their clients achieve satisfactory results. The vast majority of personal injury cases are settled outside the court system because going to trial takes time and money for both parties. Furthermore, going to trial can be unpredictable, making settling the preferred option in most cases. However, the right attorney won’t be afraid to take your case to trial if necessary. Our attorneys will fight for you to receive the necessary compensation you’re entitled to while always remaining objective.
Let an Attorney Decide If a Settlement Is Fair
Following an incident like a car crash, you may receive an immediate response from the other person’s insurance company offering a settlement. At first, this may sound like good news. However, the first settlement offer you receive from an insurance company often won’t cover all of your medical expenses, let alone factors like pain and suffering. Even when a settlement sounds good on paper, it’s better to have an attorney help you determine whether a settlement is fair or if you can receive a higher offer. For Georgia Injury law, Y’all our team at Norris Injury Law is eager to assist.