Uber Accident Lawyer Winder, GA
If you were recently in an Uber accident, you may want to consult an Uber accident lawyer in Winder, GA. You may be eligible to receive compensation for your losses. A skilled lawyer can help you pursue a timely claim against the negligent party.
Common Causes of Uber Accidents
More and more people use rideshare services like Uber as a mode of transportation. The rideshare app offers convenience and reliability. Unfortunately, however, the increased number of Uber vehicles on the road have increased the number of car accidents. Here are the most common causes of Uber accidents.
- Distracted driving. Distractions are a problem for many motorists, and Uber drivers are no different. From frequently checking their GPS to chatting with their customers, Uber drivers face many distractions. When Uber drivers are distracted, they take their eyes and attention off the road, increasing the risk of a crash.
- Inexperience. While Uber drivers are required to have a valid driver’s license, they still might not have the proper experience to navigate through bad weather and traffic conditions. Inexperienced Uber drivers are more likely to cause accidents.
- Speeding. The more rides an Uber driver collects, the more money they ultimately make. As such, some drivers may drive above the speed limit to transport more passengers. Speeding, however, can lower a driver’s reaction times and increase the risk of a collision.
- Fatigue. As an Uber accident lawyer in Winder, GA can confirm, some Uber drivers work long hours to make ends meet. They may also pick up passengers at odd hours of the night. This can lead to fatigue over time. Uber drivers who are running on little sleep may have trouble focusing on the road and may even fall asleep behind the wheel.
- Driving on unfamiliar roads. Many Uber drivers take routes they’re unfamiliar with to pick up and drop off passengers. These drivers might make unexpected stops and sudden turns, which can increase the risk of an accident.
- Poor vehicle maintenance. Uber drivers are expected to keep their vehicle in good working condition. However, that does not mean all of them do this. Neglecting vehicle maintenance can lead to tire blowouts, brake malfunctions and other issues that can cause accidents.
Schedule a consultation with an Uber accident lawyer in Winder, GA today to discuss your case in detail.